Right wing apparatchik and troublemaker, Milo Yiannopoulos says he’s broke.
According to VICE: “The disgraced right-wing troll is complaining that the major social media companies have effectively cut off his alt-right audience — and crushed his ability to make a decent living. The former Breitbart tech writer shared the complaints on Telegram, a messaging app where some alt-right allies have set up shop after getting the boot by larger tech platforms. Yiannopoulos was banned from Twitter in 2016 for directing racist abuse at the comedian Leslie Jones, losing nearly 400,000 followers. He was banned from Facebook in May.”
“I spent years growing and developing and investing in my fan base, and they just took it away in a flash,” wrote Yiannopoulos on the app, who’s previously rubbed shoulders with neo-Nazis and white nationalists. “It’s nice to have a little private chat with my gold star homies but I can’t make a career out of a handful of people like that. I can’t put food on the table this way.”
“I’m clinging on for dear life. And I’ll never give up,” said Yiannopoulos. “But holy fucking hell the base in America SUCKS. Frankly they deserve to lose their country and if by some miracle we manage to save it, it’ll be no thanks whatsoever to voters, readers, subscribers and ENTIRELY thanks to the few brave souls battling on the front lines, beyond all reason and hope.
“It’s years too late,” he added. “The time to act was when I got booted off Twitter. Nobody did.”
Cover: Parade Grand Marshall Milo Yiannopoulos is seen at the Boston Straight Pride Parade and Rally organized by Super Happy Fun America on August 31, 2019 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Paul Marotta/Getty Images)